Call for ACTION against Aadhaar / UID
Posted August 31, 2011on:
My initial protest memo to Prime Minister has been forwarded to Ministry of Home Affairs by office of Prime Minister. Based on that, I request interested parties/volunteers to follow up with MHA about the progress so as to put a check on this illegal and outright invasion of privacy and personal liberty project.
Here is a draft of application under Right to Information Act. You may modify at will or use it as is. When you get a reply please don’t forget to share and make sure it is available to public.
Below, is a snippet from the MHA site,
Applications for information under RTI Act, 2005 from Ministry of Home Affairs may be addressed to Central Public Information Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs, North Block, New Delhi – 110001 clearly specifying the information required from the records of Ministry of Home Affairs. The fee of Rs.10/- (Rupees Ten only) in respect of such application is to be made by way of Indian Postal Order/Bank Draft/Banker’s Cheque payable to “Accounts Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs”.
Central Public Information Officer,
Ministry of Home Affairs,
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Application under the RTI Act, 2005
Kindly provide relevant information, pertaining to PMO ID No. 20/3/2011-PMP4/316226 dated 11-08-2011, forwarded by the Office of Prime Minister. A copy of the same is enclosed for your kind perusal.
Repeating all the arguments mentioned in the original memorandum (enclosed), I hear by seek information to query number 6 through 11 within 48 hours (excluding the time required for shipping) of receipt of this application, under section 7(1) of the RTI Act, as this information is of extremely high importance to take further action to protect the fundamental right to privacy, life & liberty, as enshrined by the Apex Court in its judgment “Unni Krishnan, J.P. & Ors. Etc. VS State Of Andhra Pradesh & Ors On 4 February, 1993”, of several lakhs of people.
- Please provide documentary proof about any action taken based on the above mentioned memo?
- If no action has been taken so far, kindly provide the earliest date by which I can seek further information regarding the steps taken to curb this grave violation of fundamental right to privacy of millions of Indian citizens.
- Does Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) have legal/parliamentary approval to collect biometric information of all citizens of India?
- If answer to query number 3 is ‘Yes’, please provide detailed information to establish the claim.
- If answer to query number 3 is “No”, please provide documentary proof about the action taken against the people who are responsible to commit this illegal activity.
- Kerala government in its circular (Government Notification No. 27207/G3/11 dated 20.06.2011 and GO (MS) No.27/2010/ITD Dated 20.10.2010) engages all heads of the schools to enforce UID enrollment in a project nicknamed “Sampoorna”. The said circular is enclosed here with.Do Ministry of Home affairs recognize this as violation of privacy rights and contempt of Supreme Court judgment? (Unni Krishnan, J.P. & Ors. Etc. VS State Of Andhra Pradesh & Ors. On 4 February, 1993)
- If answer to query number 6 is ‘Yes’, please provide relevant documents to establish the action taken to shutdown the said project(s) and other actions taken against the perpetrators of this crime.
- If answer to query number 6 is ‘No’, please provide detailed information along with citations or relevant sections of Acts, if any, to establish the claim.
- On Aug 26, 2011 Times of India reported that a Government Resolution (GR) dated April 18 states that all those teaching at government-aided schools and colleges need to get their Unique Identification (UID) card created before August 20, or they will not receive their salaries for the month. A notice has been pasted at the Thane Zilla Parishad Pay Unitand schools and college authorities have already informed their staff about it. “The circular has been sent out to all schools and colleges in Thane. The GR clearly states that teachers need to get the UID cards by August 20 and only exceptional cases will be granted a deadline till September 30. Reference: (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/No-UID-no-salary-Thane-teachers-told/articleshow/9739268.cms).Do Ministry of Home affairs recognize this as violation and invasion of privacy rights and contempt of Supreme Court judgment Unni Krishnan, J.P. & Ors. Etc. VS State Of Andhra Pradesh & Ors. On 4 February, 1993?
- If answer to query number 9 is ‘Yes’, please provide relevant documents to establish the action taken to shutdown the said project and other actions taken against the perpetrators of this crime.
- If answer to query number 9 is ‘No’, please provide detailed information along with citations or relevant sections of Acts, if any, to establish the claim.
If you feel that above requested information does not pertain to your department then please follow the provisions of Section 6(3) of the RTI Act, 2005. Also as per the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 please provide the details (Name, Designation and address) of the first appellate authority with reference to your department along with the reply to the above request, where I may if required file my first appeal.